DEANERY ROAD NURSERY
Our Deanery Road Nursery aims to provide the highest quality care and education to meet children’s individual needs. This enables all children to be confident, independent learners and to achieve their full potential. We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum and we plan our activities around children’s individual interests. Every child has a learning diary to show the progress they are making. All children have healthy balanced meals whilst in our care, offering breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. We are currently developing an ICT and Sensory room for the children to access. We have an outside play area which children have access to every day. Children regularly visit the local library, park and supermarket and they have had the opportunity to visit farms, the forest and museums as part of their learning.
We have developed positive relationships with our parents; we keep them informed about the progress of their child through:
- daily feedback on their child’s day
- parents’ evening twice a year
- parent representatives who brings ideas forward from parents and carers
- provide parents with current information through our newsletter and website
- food tasting evenings where parents and carers are invited to sample the new menus and comment before they are introduced to the children
- book bags brought home weekly – parents are encouraged to write in the diary provided whether their child enjoyed the book and participated with the props provided
- fundraising activities for charities such as Red Nose Day, Children in Need and Chatterbox
Settling in Key Person
Every child is required to have a settling in period of a minimum of 3 sessions. The nursery will extend this period if required according to your child’s needs.
Each child will be allocated a key person who will support and monitor them in the nursery; they will establish an initial bond with a child and help them feel confident and self assured in the nursery. They will observe the child at play and plan future activities, give daily feedback to the parent, and also compile progress reports for parents evening.
All NEWTEC staff are qualified or working towards a recognised qualification. We always ensure the appropriate staff to child ratio everyday. All our staff attend Safeguarding training and at least 50% of our staff are First Aid trained and have a Food Hygiene certificate.
Nursery Opening Times
Deanery Road Nursery:
Monday to Friday: – 8.00am – 6.00pm